Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Ah, I knew the villain had to be audiophiles somehow

"Indeed. I don't share your FR fetish."

Clearly you don't. But then having just heard millions of dollars of junk audio equipment a few months ago where the second and third octaves were almost always so weak that recordings of a Steinway grand piano sounded more like a toy piano just so these systems can give the illusion of clarity to tyros is not acceptable to me. That is NOT what high fidelity is about. Or at least not what it is supposed to be about. I recommend that you listen to real music for a change and you will get to understand just how awfully inadequate most audio reproducing systems are even when cost is no object...especially when cost is no object. And it will also become obvious to you that if you want to hear recordings of musical instruments that actually sound something like musical instruments, you have to at the very least compensate for the differences in the way the recordings are made. But if you don't, just get by on what you've been doing, it seems to make you happy enough, you're in the same boat with many other audiophiles who don't know or care to find out anything about live music either.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.