Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Subjectivity is a basic instinct, but can be rational.

Hi.

I am a subjectivist too, but a rational one. I believe everything under the sun happens in its ratioinal course, comprehensible to us or not is a matter of time. If not now, may be later given the current science can deliver.

That's why whatver sonic effect arises, I always judge it by some simple physics or science I know of. I know there should be an explanation to validate and invalidate such sonic phenomenon. A real stuff, a tweaking joke, or some commercial snake-oils.

Like I responded to your posts re Atkinson's sonic finding on reversed cable connection. My rationale can tell that was not a wolf cry.

If one can take such rational approach to all those sonic things, the bottom line is saving tons of energy, time & money on so called sound improving gadgets offered by vendors at large. Be a skeptical
consumer.

Blindly demanding on instrumentation evidence in a die-hard objectivist role may not AWAYS work in audios due to limitation
of relevant knowledge & available measuring instrument to tackle abstract & subjective perception as such.

In the future for sure, but now we are not there yet.

c-J

PS: I am very skeptical about CD cleaning fluids that are claimed to improve CD sound. My rationale can't explain at all as CD is 100% non-contact laser sensing. Unlike LPs which involves 100% stylus to groove contact, a cleaning fluid can change the sound. Are the CD cleaning fluids in question pigmented or clear ?????

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.