Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

I got to be "fortunate" or my ears are all rusted.

Hi.

I am yet to encounter unbalanced sound noticeable enough to bring in any audio frequency equalizers - a hugh sonic blocker in the signal path.

Mind you, my programes include hundred of LPs, most of them are recycles from Goodwill & Thrift stores, very very old recordings.
CDs, DVD-audio discs , tapes taped off AM broadcasts.

The last thing I want to do is to add any distortion generators like tone controls let alone frequency equalizers in my audio chain. It only block up the see-through transparency of my soundstage which is my first sonic priority.

The common sense question is: which is more important: raw music or tonal balance via distortion generators?

I tested the acoustics of my basement audio den with a realtime acoutical frequency analyzer with the pick-up microphone of the analyser placed on my head at my 'sweet spot'. Thank the Almighty, I could not see any questionable peaks & dips across the 20Hz to 20KHz spectrum display. Of coure, I am pretty forgiving & I don't think my rusted ears can detect some plus/minus decimal dB accuracy.

c-J

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.