Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Re: Yes, the very best amps I heard are till tube.

Cheapjack, that is my competition! They are real, and often sound GREAT! I heard the Tenor with the Rockport at a CES. VERY GOOD, best of show that year. We have shown at CES with Rockport, and I have worked for Andy, myself, on custom projects. He makes a very good loudspeaker. Bob Crump, my former business partner, before his untimely demise, used Rockport loudspeakers and turntable in his home system. I just got off the phone with Dick Sequerra, and he says that his NEW tube power amp is even better than the old one, and I believe him, because he went from ultralinear back to triode operation with his latest unit. Dick had to buy the last 500 Siemens E-German EL-34 vacuum tubes a few years ago and he sent 4 to me. I put them into Dyna MK-4 power amps and they now measure and sound great! At least you, Cheapjack, have some idea of what real audio is. I wish others would follow your example and listen up.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.