Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Communcation Breakdown, the sequel....

First of all, I agree with the other poster below that this long discussion was reduced to a massive communication breakdown. That was why I made the remark yesterday that things started to fall apart after about the eighth page. I don't see how you, them or anyone else could keep up with what was what after a while, especially when that "Piano Teacher" character got on his essay soapbox. Combine that with offline discussions and emails and you get one big cluster f*ck.

Second, I think the whole thing was being made more complicated than it should be for something that should be so easy to test. It's not like you're comparing cables, components or component modifications. It's a tweak that supposedly alters the physical state of a compact disk to change the way it presents its program material. Again, why all the stipulations on your part as to what you needed to hear a difference? THAT'S where they started to become skeptical of your intentions and the breakdown began. If this thing works as is claimed, ANY decently resolving system in a comfortable environment with music you're familiar with should suffice to make a determination of its effectiveness. Remember, there was a WHOLE GROUP at the CES who are supposed to have heard a difference with the chip under show conditions for Pete's sake. When you combine your stipulations with your remarks about your son's graduation (which I can understand would take front seat to any test), your vacation, school startup, doing this, doing that, the total looks like waffling on your part and a lack of determination to get this done. As a result, the length of the discussions, the variety of people doing the talking, the time period this was drawn out over, the frame of mind everyone ended up with, and the back and forth on what is what got you what you ended up with.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.