Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Rules

> Why should everything necessarily be to JREF's liking to the exclusion of Wellfed?

Their money, their game. I think it's entirely reasonable that, since Wellfed gets to make the rules and come up with the test, JREF can request changes all day long. I don't think their requests were unreasonable, they just wanted a tightly controlled double blind senario. I don't think Wellfed entirely understood that position.

> Look, Wellfed's claims with regard to his perceiving differneces with the Chip have only been within the context of the environemnt and conditions of his own home with his own system, etc.

I don't recall seeing a single post saying it can't be with his own system in his own home.

> However JREF seems to want to make the conditions of his listening tests as different from those upon which he's made his claims as possible.

Adjustments must be made to be sure. He can't handle the discs. He can't see his system when the procedure is done. If his system is right between his speakers, well, that's a problem, isn't it? He'll have to figure it out, either suggest a change or a different protocol.

/*Music is subjective. Sound is not.*/

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.