Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Thanks.

MMH: ""And I only included it to show that there may be measurable differences in our brain activity du to high-frequency effects. ""

I personally can prove with 100% accuracy that this is so, and that is based entirely on experience on the production floor.

I'm also confident that the ultrasonic welder guys, like "sonics and materials", located in Conn., can relate the same thing. I am starting work on some 40Khz tansducers, 700 watt thingy's, so I will be able to relate experience with that freq soon enough.

What I was not happy about, was the OSHA criteria for workplace limits of exposure at these frequencies. They spec'd limits based on one of the weightings (I forgot which one), and the meter was incapable of measuring the U/S energy that affected my hearing. So, we used ear protection in the app...clearly, OSHA had not really covered long term U/S exposure vs hearing damage, we didn't want to take a chance.

Cheers, John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks. - jneutron 05:57:11 01/04/05 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.