Home Propeller Head Plaza

Technical and scientific discussion of amps, cables and other topics.

Weighting factors

Hi

John in one of your responses in our discussions here about distortion you mentioned a rather extreme weighting factor:

“The most extreme that I have seen is: Multiplier = (n-1)! / 2”

Do you have the references at hand, because I would like to include this one in my history part of my thesis (Witch I really have to finish soon, I have people bugging me and asking when it’s going to be ready). But I need a reference so that I can check it out myself and I can’t put it in without a proper reference. (Or otherwise I just have to write “Personal conversation with John Curl”) :-)

The other one is the brain-child of D E L Shorter from “The Influence of High-Order Products in Non-Linear Distortion” Electronic Engineering April 1950

“Multiplier = n (squared)/4”

And with Multiplier = n / 2 being to “gentle”

And Soundmind we surely have to be able to use and refer to articles in publications like Wireless World, Electronic Engineering and others, beside AES publications and IEEE?
They sure are in a other class than Stereophile Mag… Or? Because if you are a skilled engineer you should be able to make your own judgement of the content of an article in these mags.

Enjoy Creating / Mad Man Harju

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Topic - Weighting factors - MAD MAN HARJU 04:05:58 01/04/05 (12)

You can not post to an archived thread.