In Reply to: Re: S312 JBL posted by edta on April 17, 2004 at 16:40:49:
The kids repossed my 4311's when I brought my Ureis home from the job. I kept the Ureis in the livingroom for the 5.1 since its a major improvement from the 4311's.
Well, this new music that they listen to, combined with age, dry rot, and a cheap amp took out the 4311's. So I replaced them with the S312's. They were very smooth, and for some alternative listnening, I kick the kids out of their rec room and give them a listen every now and then.
The mids are very open, then high end extends smoothly on the top, but when driven hard it can get very razor like (that may be the panasonic reciever too).
Can't beat the west-coast-sound JBL bass from these guys.
The rec room is 50 x 80 and these guys can fill it up with a 50 watt amp.
I was so pleased I grabbed a S center and S 308's to fill out the kids 5.1. A pro jbl sub provided in a custom cabinet rounds it off.
Push all of this with a new panny 100W amp in 5.1, and I became the coolest dad on the block. I always know where my kids are. Now to work on the upstairs/downstairs acoustic insolation ....
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - EV speakers, which better Sx80s or EVID 6.2? - edta 07:17:42 04/16/04 (14)
- Re: EV speakers, which better Sx80s or EVID 6.2? - dr.joe 06:19:25 04/21/04 (0)
- In the home? Neither. - Bill Fitzmaurice 13:40:38 04/16/04 (12)
- Re: In the home? Neither. - edta 14:41:14 04/16/04 (11)
- Try the High Efficiency forum. - Bill Fitzmaurice 08:06:32 04/17/04 (5)
- Re: Try the High Efficiency forum. - edta 16:38:32 04/17/04 (3)
- Re: Try the High Efficiency forum. - Bill Fitzmaurice 06:58:15 04/18/04 (2)
- Re: Try the High Efficiency forum. - edta 16:36:02 04/17/04 (0)
- edta. - BRM 16:47:27 04/16/04 (0)
- S312 JBL - oldroadie 15:28:02 04/16/04 (3)Follow Ups
- Re: S312 JBL - oldroadie 17:02:49 04/17/04 (1)
- Re: S312 JBL - edta 19:12:26 04/17/04 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.