Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: S312 JBL

The kids repossed my 4311's when I brought my Ureis home from the job. I kept the Ureis in the livingroom for the 5.1 since its a major improvement from the 4311's.

Well, this new music that they listen to, combined with age, dry rot, and a cheap amp took out the 4311's. So I replaced them with the S312's. They were very smooth, and for some alternative listnening, I kick the kids out of their rec room and give them a listen every now and then.

The mids are very open, then high end extends smoothly on the top, but when driven hard it can get very razor like (that may be the panasonic reciever too).
Can't beat the west-coast-sound JBL bass from these guys.

The rec room is 50 x 80 and these guys can fill it up with a 50 watt amp.

I was so pleased I grabbed a S center and S 308's to fill out the kids 5.1. A pro jbl sub provided in a custom cabinet rounds it off.
Push all of this with a new panny 100W amp in 5.1, and I became the coolest dad on the block. I always know where my kids are. Now to work on the upstairs/downstairs acoustic insolation ....

Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: S312 JBL - oldroadie 17:02:49 04/17/04 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.