Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: nightclub sound system recomendations

Quote: "I am looking at building the biggest and best venue the city has ever seen."

You've come to the right place. But if you don't find what you're looking for here, take a look at www.shwgroup.com. They promote themselves as "educational facilities" folks, but part of what they do is to manage the design and installation of sound systems and room acoustical treatment for school band rooms and auditoriums. So even if they might be a bit "green" at your specific type of facility, they might be interested in the opportunity, and be willing to give you a nice discount.

You mentioned that it might cost $100K, including mics and monitors for the bands. But have you also figured in the cost of the amps, cabling, etc. for that? Mics are a minimal investment. Monitors are a little more. But putting it all together and making it work is a whole 'nuther ball game.

Lastly, asking "any audio nuts out there?" doesn't have a high probability of reaching your goal. (Although it likely *will* be inexpensive.) I suggest that you screen your potential contractors carefully. ;)

Another potentially success approach would be to contract with one of the big nightclub systems designers who've done this kind of thing many times. Then you've got a better chance of "getting it right", and will have some ability to go back and say "hey, fix this".

Where in New Orleans is your new facility, and when does it open? What's it called?

HTH

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: nightclub sound system recomendations - Inmate51 12:28:58 05/18/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.