Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Ain't there no pro guys out there?

I think alot of people have no idea what pro audio is...
they are so caught up in what is most expensive and what they can show off at home. (or whatever the magazine of the minute says)
I use alot of pro gear at home in my system.
I dedicated the closet in the living room to rack mount all the components and amps and ran all the rest of the wires under the house and where they belonged respectively,
I use a slew of different speakers from apogee to peavey, and even some canton floorstanders, and a couple other floorstanders, regardless, I have about 1800 watts into 8 ohms,
with everything being pro that drives the 2 channel and home theater system in the living room, by a sherwood newcastle R-945 pre outs.
it might not be class "a" tube, with discrete circuitry,
but I guarantee its more accurate in real time than any sound system in the $20-3000 range. (I know I rta'd it)
yeah lets all be leamers and jump off a mountain cause stereophile,
or the absolute sound told me to, rather than a system that actually sounds the same as it would live.
esoteric 30 year olds complaning that they dont like rock and roll or electronic music on their 5 thousand doller amp/preamp, and
quad electrostats,
they dont know. they have no idea.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.