Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: How many sets of speakers for a church with 1500 seats?

I decided on the speaker at least - Jbl JRX series.
I like the warm and smooth sound it has.

I decided to start with 2 sets of them.

Someone mentioned that 15 incher is not good for reverberating environment - should I go with 12 incher settelites with subs?

I am trying to offer quality musical experience to some of the churches in Los Angeles area. Many did not have a good sounding PA system.

We will be doing soft CCM music, and some Jazz, and light classical - so not loud Roc-N-role.

We are hoping to move the audience with soft quality sound, from a quality PA sytem tuned right.

Our musicians consist of female lead singer, piano, synth, bass guitar, cello, violin, and drums.

Some conservative Christians might object to such arrangement, but we are trying to appeal to the general public by offering them something closer to what they ar used to.

If done right, it can be a moving experience - we hope.

It's true I am new to pro audio - but I have background in music and home audio. I like the sound of 1000 watts with a sub, even when the volume is not turned on loud ! Has that dynamic quality I was searching for.

In fact, I am going to use a pro audio setup in my home - I like the sound of pro audio.

Sincere thanks to all the posts - definitely informative !

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.