Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Need a pair of active monitors for my PC

I have recently moved into a smaller place and I no longer have room for a large system. Ive also noticed that I do a majority of my music listening while at my computer. So I'm thinking of putting together a smaller system based around my pc a decent sound card and small pair of active monitors. Right now my Pc is using a Creative XFI extreme music sound card and a pair of M-audio Studio pro4. The M-audio are nice for a small inexpensive speaker but don't have the size or power to play very loudly and fill my room which is about 12x16ft. Most of my listening will be in the near field but it would be nice if the speakers can fill the room relatively well. I will be upgrading my sound card as well in the near future but the speakers are first. Ive been looking at the Samson R6a, EMU PM5, Yammy MSP5a, Tapco s5 or s8, Tannoy Reveal 5a, Event TR6, Maudio BX8a, KRK v6, Warfedale 8.2active, Paradigm 20active....etc Any recommendations in the $500 range I may want to add a sub down the road so low bass isn't that important but would be a plus. Which studio monitors sound the most like a home type speaker? If I had to guess I would say that the Warefdale or Paradigms would be best suited to a non studio environment, what do you all think?? Any recommendations or comments would be great

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Need a pair of active monitors for my PC - Frank25 10:19:02 11/01/06 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.