Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Appears to be the case, not cheaply at least

Ok. I found a z-8.8a product that did exactly what I would need, but it's like $1700. A bit outside reasonable for my need.

I was curious if I were to need a master clock to sync the three ADCs or just let each run its own course. I don't know if the Meridian multichannel digital input processes the three SPDIF streams independently, so extracting the clock for each independent stream, or only extracts from one and uses it to drive all the DACs. Possibly the latter since there's normally only one stream being handled normally. Would require extra routing just for this scenario.

Yeah, be so much easier if someone would just have a little box with one of those $13 analog devices 6-ch ADC chips in it. I'll have to think about it. In the meantime, I guess I'll complain to Creative for not having an option for three stereo SPDIF output option on the four TRS minijacks vs. the standard three stereo analog audio output (the X-Fi uses actually TRRS jacks for two of them to provide 8-ch analog out for 7.1).

Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Appears to be the case, not cheaply at least - smac770 01:04:13 07/13/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.