Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

How do I turn ADAT optical into multiple SPDIF coax?

Hello,

I have a home theater with a pre/pro that has a 3xSPDIF multichannel digital input. I have a PC which I want to do home theater gaming with on the projector. But the sound card only has analog outputs for multichannel audio. So I need a 6 channel ADC.

It looks like the TacT ADC6 is the only "CE" product I can find targeted for my specific need, but it has a proprietary digital output format to lock its use to TacT's TCS product. Every other ADC product I can find is a "pro audio" product.

And looking at those, everyone of them has inadequate SPDIF outputs for the number of ADC channels built in. I have no idea why even have SPDIF output if you're not going to have enough. Instead, it seems to be all about this ADAT thing. Which I know the term a little since I have a friend that does all this synth/mixer stuff in his basement.

So other than something like getting three M-Audio Flying Cows, or three ART DPS II, or three Behringer SRC2496, which all make the solution quite expensive (although still at least only three digits), I ran across this Behringer ADA8000, which is less than $300.

But I've got to get that ADAT output turned into what my pre/pro will accept, three SPDIF connections (the cable I have has BNC actually, but phono or BNC will work). So how do I do that? I assume I'll need yet another box, but I can't find anything out there that seems to fit this task.

Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Topic - How do I turn ADAT optical into multiple SPDIF coax? - smac770 00:34:29 07/12/06 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.