Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

OK... I got them hooked up.

I have been playing them for about 30 minutes now... So far I can tell that they throw a surprising amount of bass that is puchy and tight, well controlled (compared to magnepan MG12, it is deeper and more dynamic). I can't imagine having a sub in my room. It would be overkill.
The first apparent quality to me is how dynamic, immediate they are. Imaging is good although it is not as holographic and big as with the magnepan. Anyhow, I'll let them burn-in for a few days and I'll post a short review.
Other than that, I have connected them to my pre-amp using a cheap Hosa RCA to XLR. The BM5As are electronically balanced but a unbalanced connection is possible by connecting the unused pin. Anyhow, there's no hum; they are dead silent.
Also, eventhough there's an input gain switch in the back of the speakers (-10dB - 0 - +4dB), they play as they should on position 0. No need for a "bump up box" as some suggested to do things right.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.