Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Passive Crossover Question

I am building some PA speakers for vocal monitoring in a rehearsal studio. I obtained the plans for these from the B&C Speakers web site. They show a schematic for the passive crossover between the 12" mid bass and HF horn.(Link Below) They do not however provide voltage or wattage values on the components.I have kinda figured out on my own that the capacitors should be film and have a rating of at least 250v and the inductors should be either 16 or 14 gauge wire. The circuit shows a 15ohm resistor. Anybody have any idea as to what type and how many watts this should be? Also, directly above the resistor is a capacitor whose value is hard to read. It looks to me to be 0.12uF, but I found another site that someone had made it legable with a value of 0.82uF. Does this sound right? If it is 0.82uF, that's a bit hard to find even if paralling several together, but I will work on that some more. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Topic - Passive Crossover Question - kwatson 06:15:44 09/05/05 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.