Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Managing the increased levels after EQ- free dinner for the help!

First of all I apologize for this basic question; in fact it is still a full mistery for my understanding.
Assume I will use a analog equalizer in my stereo system and that it does not have any input/output level control.

If I boost the overall signal of +10dB (+10dB from 100 up to 8000 Hz for istance) ehat is going to happen to the following equipment?
Suppose I will put it just after the preamp, will the power amp manage that increased level or just clip like hell?

My main question here is : Is this power amp handling capability named headroom? How can I calculate (based on spec) when I can make it works?
I am prepared to offer a serious Italian dinner to anybody getting the fog away.

Many thanks !!!!!

PS.: I have understood that the boost shall be withing the speakers capability ( i.e. never excess both the speaker max SPL and an overall level of 90dB to avoid ear damages)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Managing the increased levels after EQ- free dinner for the help! - ad010685 02:14:51 08/20/05 (3)

You can not post to an archived thread.