Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: illustration and idea... more advice.

The 602A has the ability to accept four inputs-two mics on channels 1 & 2(or something using 1/4" plugs, like a keyboard, CD player,etc.), and channels 3 & 4 are just 1/4" stereo inputs-great for CD players for example. You have control of each channel's level to the outputs("Main Out L & R) to form a mix, and over level output with the knob labeled Main Mix.
Not knowing what your "DJ" mixer is doesn't help with trying figure things out.
One possible chain of equipment is to hook two CD players into channels 3 and 4 on the 602, then run 1/4" cable from one of the "Main Out" jacks(typically if just running a mono out,use the "left" output jack) into the channel 1 input of the DBX crossover. Now you have a channel of biamp operation on the channel 1 outputs of the crossover. Set the crossover frequency to somewhere between 80-100hz, run a cable from the channel 1 output labeled Low/LF sum into the input of one channel of the amp. Run a second cable from the channel 1 output labeled High to the input of the second channel of the amp. Make sure the amp is set to stereo mode(not bridge!), and make sure the 223 is set to stereo mode too. For now, leave the gain controls on the 223 set at "0", and see if that works.
I really need to know details on the brands and models of all the gear
you're using in this set up.
My other suggestion is to find a sound engineer who does live sound to come over and help you through this-and I don't mean the zit faced kid over at the Guitar Center.

Best regards,

John

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.