Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: QXC plx vs hifi amps....

Roland,
Those FM Acoustics amps sure do sound nice. I do not doubt for a second that they are of top quality. No matter how long I have been comparing power amplifiers, there will still be brands/models that I have not yet encountered. I might one day be fortunate enough to own an FM Acoustics product (keeping fingers crossed.) Although I too understand that specs aren't everything. Yet, Crown's Studio Reference series boasts a damping factor of 20,000, THD+noise < 0.02%, distortion measured at full power output, a power bandwidth of something like DC - something greater than 85 kHz... can't remember all the specs. Yet, most lower end pro amps have damping factors of 1,000, similar THD specs, ruler flat freq. response curves, etc. but they don't all sound quite as sweet as the next. I've listened to just about every Crown out there, minus the Studio Reference series, so I would love it if somebody could tell me how musical they are or are not.

Kevin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: QXC plx vs hifi amps.... - Kevin 21:55:09 05/06/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.