Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Thanks, and.................

.....I was asking because many posts on Blue Note's and DCC's forums mention this system. They usually say it takes away some of the music with the noise, but could that be when it is misused? Some albums I have like Miles Davis' Kind of Blue have a lot of hiss in them and I find this very distracting. But even though it has nothing to do with the music, some people still think it should be there--it's "history", they sometimes say--and abhor using any noise reduction techniques.

I have three of Capitol's "Ultra-Lounge" series of CDs (these recordings are from the 50's and 60's) and many of the tracks sound excellent: clear, non-grainy highs, voices with no siblance characteristics, solid & 3D stereo image, etc., with no trace of tape hiss. The word "lush" comes to mind when listening to these. I have lots of modern recordings that don't sound nearly as good! If any music is "missing" I'm not aware of it. Question: The packaging says it uses 20bit remastering-is this just marketing hype or a real improvement over regular 16bit techniques?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.