Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Behringer active crossover substitute

The Rane AC-23 xover has been in my low - power (1100w/side) PA system for a few years and am pretty happy w/ it. There are time offset adjustments on the mid & low levels so that that you can electronically align the drivers if they are in seperate cabinets. For instance if the subs are on the floor and the mid/hi cabs are on sticks ( my usual set -up for small clubs & the like ). The mute switches on each channel are helpful in the set-up. My only complaint about this unit is there are no xlr connects, only trs which seem to pull out easily, even in the rack. I have also owned the DBX 234 but had to return it for warranty repair on some internal switches which made noise. I have used systems that had the Beheringer and it seemed a little better constructed (at least from the outside). They sound and operate the same to me. DBX makes a speaker management system like the BSS now, which is supposedly decent and cheaper. But I have yet to see or use one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Behringer active crossover substitute - et-av 01:01:25 04/03/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.