Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Me and My Hi-FI!

Your gear should be quite good, however I would strongly advise that you do away with the centre speaker in your three speaker system. If you are using a centre derived signal, you will be getting serious phase cancelation. Horns are not normally good from a phase aspect generally, and response for horns is usually far from flat. I haven't heard the Theiles, but I do know they have a good reputation. Bearing in mind your equipement I am not totally suprised at your opinion. It is not unlike the Linn Dem's I heard 20 years ago. With a turntable the Isobariks sounded great, and when a cd player was attached the sound was subjectively worse, much worse. Unfortunately the demo was loaded, and what was happening was that the CD player was showing up the shortcommings of the system (particulary the Isobariks). My advice to you, is if you enjoy listening to your records on your system, I wouldn't change a thing, just be aware that what you may find lacking on modern records may not all be down to the recordings.

Regards

Roland

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Me and My Hi-FI! - Roland 16:51:54 03/30/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.