Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Reel to Reel question

I am trying to record a lot of my late fathers reel to reel tapes to cd format. I am using Roxio (Sound Stream)on my pc. My problem is that only about 1 in 10 sounds good. The rest when played sound like the "Chipmunks" (So fast) The tape player has "no" adjustment for speed. It is a AKAI GX-4000D. I tried testing by slowing down the tape by hand and it makes no difference. Still comes out with a fast play-back. I can't find anything on the Roxio website that gives me a clue on how to adjust this with their software (unless I am missing something). Also I am using the Windows Media Player to convert the music from Wav to MP3 which is working fine with the ones I am successful with. Most, (not all) the successful ones are "not" home made tapes. But "some" of the home made do come out. (very few though) My Dad must have a hundred good tapes a lot of Big Band and Classical. Any help would be appreciated. I do not have a AKAI manual, and know nothing about the player. Thanks in advance for any advice, Carol

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Topic - Reel to Reel question - Carol 20:28:49 03/23/02 (7)

You can not post to an archived thread.