Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Asuume that i managed to scrape together $1700 for this.

I like what the guys are writing on the earthworks web site. There is a pair there that could be had for that. Anybody can describe the difference between the QTC1 and the and the TC30K. A new pair of TC30Ks can be had for $1200 Is the 500$ price difference is worth for the type of recording i am planning to do. The mikes will be fed directly into a PR99 (15 or 30 ips 1/2 track no NR) with the minumum length of silver cable necessary. I will be taping small groups of acoustic instruments in relatively small spaces (seats about 150). I do want room sounds. I want the recordings sound like the recording on Sheffield Lab 24 (stravinsky and Debussy) involved but not in your face, with incredible clarity. I want quick non mushy bass. I do not like overpowering burry resonant bass. I like the my bass on the clean dry, articulate side. I need not swim in it, but it has to hit me in the chest when it is called upon.

I do not want to much variation on anything. I think i can get away doing everithing AB. In the future an pair of XYs may be in order but if i am going to spend 3 times as much what i though i wanted, i want to keep it simple :-)

Thanks in advance,

dee
;-D

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.