Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: Some Signal Processing advice???

I guessed you meant 1/4" and 1/2" recorders, just don't think that pioneer has ever made anything up to a standard that will produce that "warm, tape push" sound you are looking for. As for plug-ins I've done this with Logic audio, and it was quicker, easier, and achieved brilliant results just using their standard plug-ins. Compress the signal a little to taste, apply distortion generator, just a tad, and eq. Amp simulator might also work. If you can't get what you want from these, I would respectively suggest that the problem then lies with your original source sound. Anyone that suggests to you that warm sound is a result of analogue gear is talking nonsense, I can name as many very digital recordings that are full of warmth, as I can name many cold clinical sounding analogue recordings. Its all down to the skill of the musicians and the engineers/producers that record them. Don't try to test out loads of plug-ins, just get to grips with a few.

Good Luck

Roland

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.