Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Best setup for mobile karaoke?

I'm looking for the best setup for mobile karaoke (mostly used in bars) for under $400 (amp/mixer only). I am building speakers soon, using an Eminence Kappa 15LFA with a PSD2002 compression driver and need an amp to power these. Would a separate mixer and amp be the best way to go? My parents picked up a Yamaha EMX620 and have not been the most pleased with it. They cannot seem to get the same quality sound that was had earlier with an older Peavy mixer/amp. I suggested a Behringer mixer (~$100) with a separate power amp, but wasn't sure what kind of amp would be good. I would like to get a QSC, but none of them seem to fit the price range (but I would definitely consider used). Are there any good budget mixer/amp combos that are somewhat powerful? I really like the idea of a separate amp so if you can suggest some with a good amount of power (~400W into 4 ohms?) then I would definitely consider them. Thanks in advance!
--Ryan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Best setup for mobile karaoke? - RyanH 12:22:28 02/10/02 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.