Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Re: recording vinyl to sound card line in: where's the bass?

Hello- had the same problem with my HP Pavillion 7850 (nice computer) custom $400 Teac audio grade CDR drive and support card with dedicated pentium 2 (250 MHZ just for sound!)and Roxio software. The sound was washed out, grey, and cassette-like. I bought a philips CDR from Audio Advisor as they have a good return policy; I was sure I'd need it, but I was curious to hear the thing in my system(super-high end all-tube/analog with VPI TNT Table, SME V arm, and Grado Mahogany-body reference cartridge) I couldn't believe it! This $300 mass-market CDR WALKED my computer 10-fold. Great sound! It's not the same as the table (Thank God!) but in my car I cannot tell the difference between burned discs and "official"/record label issues-- save for a bit of surface noise. Slammin' bass, the thing is unbelievably easy to use, has a record-level control(very important) and is very dynamic. It blew my mind! Hope this helps, Chris.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.