Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Crown Macro-tech MA5002VZ VS Crown Macro reference which one sounds better for audiophile use

I've been running Crown MA 2400's for years and haven't been able to distinguish it from some Kenwood (L07), Accuphase, and Threshold stuff I've used. Yes, the fans were a problem but I moved the amps into an adjacent room a long time ago.

Granted, according to the folks in the Cable Asylum and Isolation Ward, I'm not a true audiophile. So certainly take it for what it's worth.

I think if you were to measure noise and distortion output at 1 to 10 watt levels, you'd probably find measurements of all the Macro Tech amps to be very close to one another. They're all clean enough for some of the world's most famous venues. I'm certain they'll all be good enough for your venue. That is unless you are a big fan of ruby encrusted inter connects, rosewood cable suspenders, and electricity "purifying" power conditioners and cords.
(no disrespect to any of the Audio Asylums many valued sponsors...)

: )

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Crown Macro-tech MA5002VZ VS Crown Macro reference which one sounds better for audiophile use - villastrangiato 06:52:51 11/14/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.