Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Help jackson cab maybe I could do DIY?

Hey,

Guys this was originally on a bass guitar forum, but it was getting to technical for them so I leave this into the hands of speaker experts. Ok so I'm a bass player bent on getting an amp maybe a combo or maybe a head and cab. I was thinking of getting a really good ampeg combo, but ever since ampeg moved to china they have had terrible products coming out many amps don't work out of the box.

I was looking for an amp when I came a cross a Jackson 4 12" cab. It is meant for guitars. It also has a very good sound. It's also $100.
Now I know that some speaker replacements you can buy are for both guitar and bass.

This cab has eminence speakers in it I believe they are somewhere in the middle between eminences blue tick hound speakers and their black powder speakers which are both great guitar cab speakers.

I have heard if you put bass through guitar speakers it will stretch the speaker surrounds, because the speaker is not meant to move that much.
is this true?

If so would porting the cab help this matter? what is the best way to port a cab.

If this is a really stupid idea just tell me ok.

I know in frequency these speakers are loudest around 2k.

here's a detailed webpage about the black powder.
http://www.usspeaker.com/Black%20Powder-1.htm

I can't find a website for the blue tick hound speakers. I'll tell you when I can.

Peace,
matt

sing about spam!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Help jackson cab maybe I could do DIY? - Rugrat 09:38:20 08/26/09 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.