Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Equipments impact on other equipment.

Sorry but I do not know how to write a proper subject for this matter. I wonder if audio equipment like power amplifiers which handle a lot of power someone in close proximity to other audio equipment like soundcard/ADC DAC/microphone preamps can affect their performance?

I wonder because when I listen back to something I recorded at a friends place last night I notice a huge difference in clarity from a recording we did around 8pm and one we did at 9pm. The cables/equipment/microphones were the same but the later one was recorded when a integraded pre-/power amp PA system right next to the external soundcard was powered on.

Does a a powerful poweramp radiate some kind of field that bothers close by equipment or what may this be? It is for sure not a placebo effect since the clarity is so much more in the early recording when the PA system was off. The later one sounds like a low pass filter was applied to the signal which there wasn't.

I hope you guys can somehow help me out on this. I would appreciate it so much.

Best Regards
Rickard Gerthsson

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Topic - Equipments impact on other equipment. - PunkRockDude 04:10:16 07/20/09 (2)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.