Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Newbe looking for active monitor recommendation?

*de lurk*

I had a pair of Event 6 monitors I used as computer speakers that did just fine for years. While it was not the end all be all for sound, it was much better than the mass market stuff I had been using to date and I got many years of enjoyment to it and I didn't notice anything. I have since moved on to Audiophile equipment, but I think this is a decent strategy to get better sound.

I won't dispute that it may be specially voiced for some kinds of music or some such - I am sure some of the home studio monitors on sale these days won't be bad for this sort of thing, since most home studios cannot afford several pairs of monitors depending upon what they are doing - though I will admit this is speculation on my part based upon a sample of 1 for personal experience.

I.E. - Don't worry too much, jump in and see what works! I would agree that buying used studio monitors should NEVER be sight unseen/unheard. You just don't know how much they have been through.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Newbe looking for active monitor recommendation? - Bromo33333 06:22:46 03/15/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.