Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Paeametric or Single band Eq for my problem

Any equalizer selling for $179.00( new) is going to do more harm than good. Adding distortion to rid yourself of nasty peaks caused by room acoustics in combination with uneven response of loudspeaker and/or placement of same is counter-productive.
I suggest purchasing a good stereo 3 or 4 band parametric equalizer. Parametrics are more 'musical' than graphics and are better at pin-pointing the problem frequency(ies). Once the frequency is located precisely you can broaden the attenuation curve(bandwidth) as needed until the response curve in the room is flattened.
Parametrics require a little more in the way of listening skills so many shy away from them but in the end with a little perseverance you will achieve a better result. Also, most parametric eqs. have unlimited attenuation whereas graphic are limited to 12-18 db. typically.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Paeametric or Single band Eq for my problem - finnman500@hotmail.com 11:00:03 03/04/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.