Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: I need some recs for a sound rig for the gym.

400 SF? That's about the size of a large living room. Heck, my living room/dining room open area is 450 SF, and it ain't "big".

I assume that the floor is wood, vinyl, or some other hard surface.

How high is the ceiling? I'll take a guess at 10 ft.

That being said... I don't think your problem is so much about specific products as it is about strategy.

You said Bose, but you didn't say if it was the wave radio with the CD player and cheap remotes. That puppy can fill your room with sound - not good sound, but what hottie at aerobics class is listening for crisp highs anyway? (Probably couldn't hear the highs anyway, with all the heavy breathing and foot noise going on.)

But seriously... you must not have a stereo at home. 'Cause if you did, you wouldn't be asking this question. So here's my professional advice: Go to a store which sells stereo/hi-fi stuff, and check out the cool gear. Get a nice boom box, and use the audio outputs to hook up a pair of good 8-inch 2-ways (KRK, M-Audio, Mackie, etc.), then crank the bass. $1,400 tops, including cables and tax.

Use the other six hundred to buy drinks for the chicks later. Who knows, you might get a date. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I need some recs for a sound rig for the gym. - Inmate51 08:49:43 01/27/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.