Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Need recommendation on DAW's.

The SX1 was a turd to sell. When it was conceived, it seemed like a good deal. Then other manufacturers and technological advancements beat it to death when it finally came to market. There weren't that many that actually made it. Full Compass was blowing them out for 25% of the retail to get rid of them.

If you are going to use your DAW for live use, same computer, cards and all, there is only one option. SAWStudio and SAC. Bob has it down and it cannot be beaten for multi-purpose applications. www.sawstudio.com

There are many arguments about this, but THE most widely used in professional applications is Pro Tools. PT8 was just anounced. Check it out on Digidesign's site, www.digidesign.com. There are more PT systems sold and in use world wide than all others combined everal times over. But, PT isn't really set up to be a live mixer, although I have done several times while recording live. I have PT HD.

If I were starting out, and was used to hardware, and knew the basics of audio, I would start with SAW and SAC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.