Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: How Can They Lie About RMS Power Ratings ?

BTW, bass is the most demanding thing for an amp. So when you say this is just for sub woofers, you really have the wrong idea. These crap amps do not have good slew rate. They do have good damping factors. Good damping is needed for proper woofer cone control. This particular amp from what I have seen is not rated for 2 ohms. It will likely not last. The way that the specs read, it is a cheapo design. Instead of increasing power when the impedence drops, it actually drops in power by half. Who knows what their distortion is like.

As for Crown, a K2 would not be my first or last choice for an amp. Those things had so many problems. They were huge EMF emitters. That's one of the reasons that they were sealed up tight. Crown improved on the technology with the CE3000. But still, if you want a real sub amp, you need something that generates some current and uses a real power supply.

If you need something cheap, buy used. If you time it right, you can catch the cycle of bands selling gear, musicians having babies and getting married, etc.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: How Can They Lie About RMS Power Ratings ? - harecording 18:30:33 08/25/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.