Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: New Mixer for a Young Band

I am not saying buy an abused board. I am sayin that a nice used board from a church install, theater, etc (where it was likely maintained) sent into Jim for him to go through, will compete with mixers in the 6 figure range sonically. A new console can have noise, crappy grounding schemes, etc.

Look at it this way. What will you do with your new MI market console when you are through with it? Sell it? Good luck getting your money out of it. The used market for new China made stuff is crappy. However, I bet you can get close to all of what you spend on that Soundcraft back.

Recording. The Mackie is designed really for live recording, That is the reason the EQ is out of the cricuit. You do not want the live corrective EQ'ing recorded to 'tape'. When recording, tracking individual instruments used to be the norm started in the 70s. For years, bands that truly have talent will track live in a couple of takes. THAT is where the magic happens.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.