Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: My amp has XLR type speaker outputs, please help !!!

Also, you need to verifyy which pins are hot and cold on XLRs on the backside of your amp. There is a quasi standard for microphones with pin 2 hot, pin 3 cold, and pin 1 as ground, but that may not apply to your amplifier outputs.

There are other options and here is one: You could buy an XLR to male 1/4" plug adaptor and plug that XLR side into the amp. Since you have both male and female XLRs at the amp, you can buy whichever XLR to 1/4" adaptor is easiest for you to find. You would also need a 1/4" female jack in which to plug the male at the amp end of the cable, and then terminate the other end of the cable with a dual banana plug. I recommend this because you won't be able to use a heavy gauge cable and terminate to the XLR unless you really cut back alot of the stranding. If you can find an oversized 1/4" female jack you can use larger diameter speaker wire on that. Check a web site like PartsExpress.Com where they carry a big variety of audio connectors and you should be able to find what you need.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.