Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

Triamp equal power point for music.

I know it has been published else where that the equal power points for a biamplified system with "typical" music content (whatever that is) is around 350-400Hz. What I am interested is where the point is for a typical three way subwoofer system where the sub crossover is in the 80-100Hz range. Assuming a constant directivity arrangement for the upper two sections. Since below 100 is sort of the 30% point I'm guessing the ideal xover point will rise to at least 800Hz and perhaps a bit higher.

The goal here is to come up with an point that more or less optimizes amplifier power when the two channels of one amp is use for both upper and lower sections.

I guess if I had a stereo power meter or at least a pair of peak reading volt meters I could try adjusting the crossover experimentally on real material until I get similar peak voltages.

Your thoughts and experiences welcome.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Triamp equal power point for music. - gymwear5@hotmail.com 11:18:13 08/06/07 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.