Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: Oh my god what have you done now?

The closet audiophile/musician at the store that had initially advised me on the QSC amplifier model to get, had offered up his advice on the model speaker to buy. I asked him if the much more expensive speakers there would be better for me since I had the money to buy either and he just said quietly "The QSC are better sounding, by far."

So I took the pair home, did some impulse testing and sweeps and set them up. It took only two days to get them completely dialed in (that is, where I had no further desire to change settings, positioning etc).

There are a few albums where I miss the airy-fairy behavior of the panels; the subtle soundstaging stuff and all that. But I still feel that music is, overall, far more interesting and enjoyable out of these speakers. Big band and large stuff would of course be their forte, but what is really nice is that even jazz and single vocalists come through better with more "there" there. Even my old fifties songs are much more entertaining. The old Elvis music is especially gripping now. The QSC captures that "something" in his singing that enraptured his fans.
Give Me Ambiguity or Give Me Something Else!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Oh my god what have you done now? - rp1@surfnetusa.com 20:05:07 06/04/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.