Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

RE: QSC HPR15F.....Long

I have heard Genelecs, this is better! I have wanted to hear PMC as I am a T-line fan from way back, but no units are close to me to audition, and are, of course, vastly more expensive.

This is not the first time I have been suprised by pro gear. The QSC amp I had on the panels blew the transistors off the high-end amps I have here. Smoother, more coherent and never, ever sound strained.

I have measured the in-room response of these active speakers and, above the bass room modes, it is ruler flat. The flatest, smoothest response in-room that I have ever measured here in fact.

I too am shocked that these beat out my planars. Sure there are a few recordings where the bass harmonics and soundstage height are a bit better on the panels, but the PA speakers win everywhere else.

I have heard of the EMT, but not gotten to play with one. Sounds like an awesome table.

My Pass Labs phono stage replaced my Bryston broadcast unit. The Bryston was nice but the Pass is exceptional on vinyl. I replaced my Sota turn table with the Technics 1200MK whatever. It was the first time I have ever heard the bottom-end of a harp reproduced correctly on a phono stage. And the Technics/Aurum/Pass combo really does the toe-tapping thing well. Most audiophile tables I hear are all harmonically oh-so-proper but seem to lack boogie factor!
Give Me Ambiguity or Give Me Something Else!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: QSC HPR15F.....Long - rp1@surfnetusa.com 20:45:09 05/30/07 (4)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.