Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

My copy of XP has SP2 on it (and an AUTORUNS suggestion)

and I did not think it could be deleted! Did not try. I assumed that if SP2 was on your disk you are stuck with it.

If it can, that is better still.

All credit for my interest in nLite goes to Grant. He was the one who brought it to my attention. After a few false starts I would tell him it was not the way and he amiably disagreed vehemently. He is right as he usually is about audio.

I tried to delete more files with nLite and had no success. If WINDOWS would not load then I would run into trouble elsewhere. I do think there is a little more that can be done with this but after ten CD's I gave up.

Another thing I have discovered while doing a fresh install so I could RESTART reliably (SMBus controller) I found that in AUTORUNS - uncheck everything that relies on a file that you know you are going to delete. I did this within cMP and had no trouble.

Could not live without being able to easily get into STEPPE Extreme BIOS.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • My copy of XP has SP2 on it (and an AUTORUNS suggestion) - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 17:28:13 11/25/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.