Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Remote mice and other subjects

Glad to hear you found a solution.

My experience with the remote mice seemed to involve instability. Maybe it was the USB connection and the PS/2 will be more stable but ever since I quit using a remote mouse I have never had the machine do anything strange.

With the remote mouse there were times the machine would stop and require clearing the BIOS. Who knows why? I figured I could use the exercise of getting off of the couch and having to go to the screen to use the mouse in the front of the room. I did like being able to switch polarity from my seat, though. I was using the keyboard for this before we found that cMP sounds better without the keyboard.

To use an PS/2 keyboard would require a new build and one wonders if Serge found the keyboard driver to be more troublesome than the mouse drivers? One of these days ...

The idea of the IDE "hard drive" is intriguing but unless someone says it sounds MUCH better than the SATA SSD I think we might lose as much as we gain. I like being able to easily switch SSDs back and forth between my music computer and my main computer for making changes. I guess this could be useful once all of this OS tweaking is done. I assume we could copy our final configuration to the IDE FLASH mounted in another machine?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Remote mice and other subjects - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 08:42:38 11/23/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.