Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

You are welcome... and I'm not sure the I2S...

Comes from the AK4114 in this case. Envy 1724 also has I2S output (sorry, I don't have a link for the datasheet, not sure it's available openly on the net, but if you send me an email I can send it).

My notes from my original Juli@ follies on the sources of the I2S lines are as follows:

J3 Pin 1 -> 1724 PSDOUT[0] ( I2S data out) -> AK4358 SDTI1 (I2S data in)

J3 Pin 5 -> 1724 PSYNC ( I2S Word Clock ) -> AK4358 LRCK (I2S Left/Right Word clock)

J3 Pin 7 -> 1724 PBCLK ( I2S bit clock out ) -> AK4358 BICK ( I2S bit clock in )

J3 Pin 9 - > Xilinx on the digital board -> AK4358 MCLK ( I2S Master Clock in )

J3 Pin 11 - > Xilinx & AK4114 on the digital board - > AK4358 PCN (Reset)

I suspect the AK4114 provides I2S from a SPDIF input to the 1724 which then passes it onto the AK4358 DAC. But as I'm killing the SPDIF input for my purposes, I'm hoping that doesn't matter.

That doesn't mean that the AK4114 doesn't provide the I2S to the Envy 1724, but with the clocks directly connected to the 1724, I suspect it is the one that provides the I2S.

But I2S out still may not work without the AK4114 available. We'll see!

On the caps, I hope to try Oscons there a little later in the week UNLESS the ceramics mellow out a bit more. I'll let you know on that too. Still, even with the ceramics, the sonics are quite nice... just not as sweet in the highs as I'd like under all conditions.

And thanks on the GA-H55M-UD2H chip removal info. See my questions about the Q67-based board in another thread... maybe the last native PCI option?

Thanks again!

Greg in Mississippi

Everything matters!

Edits: 11/21/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.