Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: SSD @ 2,6V

Douwe,

Sorry for not responding earlier. Great post! Thanks for letting us know some of the tricks you've learned... and also the results of some of the tests you've done. Do you have any more comparisons of various configurations you'd be willing to share?

Also post pictures. They are, as people say, worth at least 1000 words each!

Now some questions...

1st - on undervolting the SSD, did you open the SSD to determine that the 3.3v pins are not connected? It sounds like you currently just feed 2.6v to the 5v pins. Is this correct? Have you tried it at any other voltages... does it sound better as you go lower and it won't work any lower than 2.6v or something else?

2nd - on changing out the CCFL inverter on your monitor... why would that make a difference in the sound? Did you go from a wall-voltage (assume 240v) inverter to a battery-powered one? Also, is the inverter just a higher-voltage supply or does it have 'startup' logic? Could it be replaced with an appropriate linear supply? Also, have you tried any of the LED supplies as shown on the website you referenced?

3rd - Why does using a battery-sourced set of inverters improve the sound over just plugging the power supplies you have into the wall? Just curious... I've been resisting going battery for awhile, but your experience (along with JackWong's) are causing me to weaken.

TIA!

Greg in Mississippi

Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: SSD @ 2,6V - GStew 20:18:31 11/20/11 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.