Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

H55M UD2H - How to Power the Memory!

The choke highlighted in red circle should be removed. After removal, the Ram circuit will no longer be powered.

After removal there will be two small holes. The positive of the linear reg or batteries should be connected to the the hole closest to the last ram slot.

The negative of the PS should be connected any black wire on the back of the P24 socket.

The 2 capacitors on both side of the ram slots are connected in parallel and to the output pin of the choke, i.e. the hole closest to the last ram slot.

Check for accuracy of connection using ohm meter : check and confirm that the positive terminal of the battery or supply is connected to the + of the Caps (+ is not shown on the Caps, rather - is highlighted in blue)

Powering up: Connect batteries first and than power on computer. The Ram on the H55 board needs about 1.28-1.3V to work, so batteries will not last long, not because they run out of energy, but rather due to voltage dropping below minimum running voltage of ram.

Alternatively, a relay can be used to switch on the batteries, powered by the 5V or 12V of the P24 connector.

My implementation shown below is different. I used a switch to switch between batteries and choke.

Try it and enjoy. The implementation is safe so long as polarity is correct.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.