Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Please suggest hardware for my 2nd CMP (sorry for the extra posts..I think I hit reload too many times)

Mihaylov ,
I'm looking on your site for a case and cpu heat sink heat that will let the cpu heat sink dissipate heat to the case. i also own a new thermalright x-silent 140 fan, which I can use to provide airflow through the chasis if need be, but I would seriously prefer to go completely fanless.
I'd even will consider leaving the top of the case off as a last resort if I didn't have to use any fans.
Do any of your cases work like this:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/hdplex-h10

It looks like an amp with the fins, but it is not tall enough for a sound card unless you use a riser card adapter that I think turns the card 90 degrees in the case. Plus it might be a bit pricey just for the case.
I'd like something cheaper. In the review, this company appears to sell the GA-H55M-UD2H and i3 cpu anyway, which gives me hope. I just want to buy a case and cpu heat sink to build it all myself.
Do any of your recommended cases allow for a totally fanless system like this?
The improvement just by removing the power supply and hard drives from my last system was very significant, so I want the most rigid, vibration resistant and hopefully fanless case i can find for a reasonable price. The i3 I bought has the fan, so i can use that for startup until i can set the bios not to complain when it's not plugged in.
Which product from your list would work best?
Thanks,
Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.