Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Please suggest hardware for my 2nd CMP (longtime members please chime in)

My CMP of 3 years (running off a dell board from circa 2005)finally bit the dust. I don't think cics has updated the cmp website in a while, so is GA-H55M-UD2H and I3 processor still the consensus for a new XPsp2 based system? Is anything newer and better or cheaper but still allows me to follow each step in the bios setup form the website (serious newbie to hardcore bios changes)?

Another requirement: I also watch hd movies (mkv, .ts, etc..) off the hard drive using cmp to launch zoom player.
I had been using a fanless video card but found that using standard overlay as the renderer sounded best. Does the new MB mean I won't need a video card or only if I want to use VMR9? I know that's off topic, but someone must know.
Please recommend your motherboard, case, cpu model#, fanless heat sink for processor (do i have to buy a fan cooler for processer just get inital setup?).

I still have:
kingston SS drive for the OS, larger 3.5" drives for storage.
Antec Earthwatts 430W PSU (and 2nd PSU for drives), Kingston KHX6400D2LL/1G RAM,
Thanks,
Mike

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Please suggest hardware for my 2nd CMP (longtime members please chime in) - whodat06 11:30:00 11/11/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.