Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ever thought about remote controlling the cMP setup through smart phone or tablet?

Yes, i used to use this too for a long time (still do for the ccfl backlight), until i just gave it a try to isolate ccfl. Was great improvement.
To be sure i just did an A-B test with the same type monitor, untweaked. Conclusion: still very happy with the tweak! For only EU6 and 30min work a nobrainer.

Other point is that these remote devices are single switchers so the display will not be totally disconnected from the net. I used these devices to switch a 5V adaptor, which in turn feeds (or not) a double relay. in my setup this gave a little better sq. Other thing was i discovered that if cmp2 starts up with monitor connected, and monitor is switched off, this had (in my setup) a slghtly negative influence on sq.

To switch off the computer with such a 'remote wallsocket' is for me no option, with the batteries, inverters and all.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ever thought about remote controlling the cMP setup through smart phone or tablet? - Douwe01nl 11:06:46 11/05/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.