Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: New tweaks part 7

I finished step 7 and have the same result as Rick. CMP always comes back to the desktop even tho I set it to start cmp on reboot. So I really can't get down into real cmp without explorer. I always have the desktop in the background.

I was confused about how to do this reg tweek..
"HKLM-System-current control set-control-Device classes and delete inside of the following entries, but not the entries themselves:
dff220f3, bf963d80, ad809coo, a7c7a5b1, 9ea331fa, 3e227e76, ffbb6e3f."

I went to dff220f3 and did not know if I should delete the keys below it in the left pane or the stuff dwords and values in the right side. Serge, Rick and Theob, which route did you take. I deleted the children keys on the left side.

I can still go back and redo this reg step because I took a reg export before starting.

The sound is very nice. Very clear and very rich. good imaging, but less air around the instruments. I suspect that is because I can't get into pure cmp. I like it in some ways but in some ways I preferred 6 for the air and micro detail.

thanks for your help

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.